Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

I had so much fun and was only a little stressed making presents for people for Christmas. Handmade presents are so special to me and half the fun in making a present is planning it! One of the presents I was most excited about was also the biggest hit. I followed Prudent Baby's tutorial. It's a tea-party to go! My little cousins absolutely loved it! It was pretty quick and easy to make, which good because I was running out of time to make it.


I made a couple other handmade gifts, one of which I've made before. It's a really cool pincushion with a cubby hole in the middle. I got the pattern from Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing. I made it for my aunt because at Christmas 2009, she mentioned that she would like to have one. So I felt pretty confident that she would love that present, yet I second-guessed myself the whole time. What if she doesn't like the colors that I picked? What if she changed her mind since last Christmas? I tend to second-guess myself a lot when it comes to giving handmade gifts. Time and time again people love the thought and the effort that goes into making the present and I just have to learn not to stress myself out over whether or not the receiver will like my gift. Chances are they will, or they'll at least say so to my face!


See . . . she loves it!

Okay . . . Christmas 2010 is over. Time to start planning for Christmas 2011!

No comments: